Monday, July 11, 2011

American Apparel, Summer peach Mystery





So I have been on an American Apparel polish kick, I love the formula, the colors are amazing, and for the most part they mix well. I have had some trouble when using my latest base coat, which is a silk wrap made by Bucci, I also tried Nailrepair, both forumlas used as base coats caused the American Apparel polish to bubble. When I switched to a .99 cent, garlic thin base coat by Jordana, everything worked out really well.
That being said about the formula, it was my birthday recently and my mom bought me a fifty dollar visa card, so I decided to go look at American Apparels polishes. Although I have the full neon collection, they had FINALLY come out with a neon blue which I had to get. My husband and I walked down from the restaurant and we saw that they were giving away a polish (from a select color array of course) with purchase. Not only that, but American Apparel sells the polishes for 3 for 15$ (individually priced at $6) So I got four polishes for $15, no tax yay.
As you can imagine, I went on the AA website and tracked down swatches of every color to see which ones I wanted, And I bought like sixteen new polishes. My latest attempt was the most interesting. So I wanted this color, Manilla, which wasn't available in any store in NYC for some reason, probably because they were recalled, or discontinued (each store told me a different story, or didn't know). The one store in Tribecca DID have it, so I went down, after having asked if they were doing the promotion. They said they did (but didn't).
When I got there I picked out the manilla, and summer peach, another color I had been eyeing. The manager who had helped me immediately noticed something about this bottle, it had a weird style number and it was a slightly different color than the other bottles of Summer peach. As you can see by the photos, they are completely different and, well I thought it was so cool that I overlooked the fact I couldn't get a free polish and I bought the two different tones plus the manilla Polish.
The photos of the mani are of the weird summer peach, which has a more yellow tone to it. It is sort of like Butter by American Apparel, but SOO much better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment