Sunday, July 10, 2011

Crackle is EVERYWHERE






Hi all

I know its been a million years since I have been posting regularly or relevant information. I work seven days a week now, saving my money for the fall where I won't have enough time to work. In the last few months I have been coming across dozens of different brands that have created crackle, and I wanted to share the information with all of you lovelies because crackle is rad, and I have found many new hot colors that OPI and China Glaze have failed us.
Perhaps the best one I have found, in terms of color variation and price is a small brand called 2012, they retailed at my local beauty store for $3.99 a piece, but they had a wide variety of Neon colors, which I thought was rad. In terms of formula however, they are very smelly, and are not 4-free or 3-free by any means. They go on very well and dry almost immediately. If you have sensitive skin however, or are against the harmful chemicals in some nail polish, these are not for you. They are definitely a cheap brand making a quick profit. Also, I found that you must use the crackles over lighter colors in order to show off their true color potential. I put the blue pictured below over a darker color and it didn't show itself well, rather it appeared as though the two colors mixed together to form a new crackle color.
Walgreens in Times Square has a huge set up of Pure Ice crackles, which retail also retail at 3.99, they have almost every color- except a huge selection of neon colors. They have black, white, gold, silver, a silvery blue, a shimmery yellow. I bought a few for the girls I babysit and they liked them. I went to two other Walgreens in Manhattan and they were either sold out, or half of their small display was gone. The formula, according to my knowledge is NOT 3-free, but I don't have the bottles in front of me, so don't hold me to that. They apply smooth and look really good in my opinion, and they crack really well, with the exception of the silver polish, which cracks slightly different than the others.
Color club is another brand that came out with a good selection of crackle colors, including the hot pink and cobalt blue I purchased happily. I found these at another beauty supply store for $5.99. I feel like I could find them cheaper at another location if I tried, but it was a very spur-of-the-moment buy. These polishes aren't three-free either, but on applying them just as I was creating this post, I have to say they are some of the best cracking crackles out there. The picture below will show you, compared to 2012, they crack much more frequently, and I didn't even manipulate the brush! I simply brushed on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment