Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shatter nail polish fiasco





So, you guys have seen the awesome Barry M black shatter top coat. It creates thick cracks and reveals the color you put underneath, and over all it is truely fun and looks good on most nails. OPI went ahead and made a dupe which was released this month for Serena Williams playing in the US Open and Katy Perry, the Serena Williams collection came with a shit green color, so I'm not really interested in that, however Katy Perry's collection was pretty awesome and the whoel digs and awesomeness on these two lines can be seen below.
http://www.refinery29.com/check-out-what-the-katy-perry-serena-williams-and-shatter-black-nail-polishes-look-like-on.php

Now, I couldn't wait for this to come out so I ordered two Barry M's from England, which were fairly cheap and exactly like the black shatter. And I've been peeking around recently to see if any of the NYC drugstores like Duane Reade, Rite Aid or even a Ricky's beauty supply might carry this, and they don't! I read on the OPI facebook page that there are some JCpennys that sell it, but a lot of girls have had altercations with the staff because those bitches went ahead and bought the nail polish before anyone else could. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think that this product, because of its hype and its new-ness and all of that, should be sold on a grand scale, and its no wonder OPI was bought out or taken over.

Anyway, I have included some pictures of me and my friend Sachi doing our nails while our men played rock band and drank Four Loko. She should probably be a hand model and make lots of money doing that because her hands are really well put together and slender, plus her nails are very slender as well.
I'm also including photos of another product that another girlfriend of mine purchased with me. These Sally Hansen nail polish stickers. Now, there are TONS of products like these out there, Hello Kitty, Sephora, Glam, just to name a few, have created different nail stickers with the idea that you put them on, file them down and they should stay on for a bit. I have red mixed reviews about the Sephora ones, and my cheap ass definitely sampled a whole container of them when they left them out to be testers at a Sephora on the east side last year and they peeled off in a day and I was happy I didn't spend the heavy fourteen dollars on sixteen stickers. These Sally Hansen stickers however, which we bought at rite aid for nine dollars did not come off my friends nails for over a week, and we are both nannys, so we do a lot of cleaning and dish work in addition to being vomited on by children(part of the reason why I still give myself a daily manicure even though my lazy ass isn't blogging). So I highly recommend this product and when I finally start making the big bucks again I too shall go out and buy it and treasure them.
Now, apparently my coworker friend, (Gaby is her name) put on the Sally Hansen Chrome pen first, so she did put a polish down on top of these, as you can see from the pics, and it was really awesome. So I recommend playing with it, but you'll have to buy two because again they only give enough for 1 manicure, around 16 stickers.
(Just to clarify for these images, the one with the leopard design is the Sally Hansen stickers called Sally Hansen Nail effects, and the black on white is Barry M nail Effects, only available online at Barrym.com, but OPI black shatter is a dupe of this product but at the moment isn't available anywhere really.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment