Friday, March 4, 2011

Opi Black Shatter, vegan nail polish & more






So this will be a multi-polish review. The other day I FINALLY came across the full Katy Perry collection at Rays beauty supply NYC (tell them thedailymanicure sent you). So I picked up the OPI black shatter, Last Friday Night, Teenage Dream and The One That Got Away. So tonight I decided I would do a manicure with 5 different colors on my nails and black shatter over them. I chose the following:
Sally Hansen Quick dry- Silver sweep, a chrome-like silver fast drying polish. This color is awesome, high shine & chrome, and I only needed one coat.
OPI- Last Friday Night- sheer blue polish w silver chunky & micro glitter- I really love this color but I wish it wasn't so sheer, it comes off as very middle school to me, but I love this color the most with the black shatter.
OPI- Teenage dream- sheer pink polish w silver chunky and micro glitter - I like this color also, again I wish it wasn't so sheer. I would definitely use this over a pink or a sheer creme to give a better glitter effect.
OPI- Too hot pink to hold 'em- sheet hot pink w "sorbet" finish. This is from the texas collection by OPI. Which is a very over-looked collection. I've grown to really like the sorbet look, a manicure with this color is ideal for long summer days because it shines soo much. The sheer-ness needs some getting used to, but I missed this color when I took it off my whole manicure a few days back. So beautiful.
SpaRitual- Emerald City- Vegan nail polish! My boss bought it for me, who knew? I like the color, but it goes on very sheer and you need several coats to get it opaque, and on top of it the brush is small so it gets annoying and confusing to create proper coverage without it overlapping on you.

So I applied them to my nails and placed the Black shatter over them, and I have to be honest I'm almost disappointed in black shatter having used BarryM's nail effects. The nail effects are much clunkier and give more of both colors, where as this didn't, making all the nails look too similar. I'll try again and see if the effect is the same, maybe it was the way I applied the polish. Anyway, those are my thoughts on these polishes, enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment