Friday, March 4, 2011

OPI's texas collection-Sorbet/Jelly finish






so OPI is really rocking it in terms of nail styles and having the "it" colors and techniques in nails this year. First they come out with some banging glitter polishes in line with the Burlesque movie ( I love those polishes, LOVE them) then they teamed up w Katy Perry and created some killer shades and glitter polishes AND black shatter. Because of all these distractions, I actually didn't realize that they created some cool Jelly polishes in their texas collection. Jelly polishes are colors that are see-through, and really shiny, they may take a few coats to reach an opacity, or they may not, this finish, when mixed with a cool or poppy summer shade or when in sun, look amazing. Definitely summer, beach nails all the way.
Here are some photos of the shade Guy meets Galveston, but I REALLY love too hot pink to hold 'em. I think these sorbet-finish lacquers are really great even though they took a while to warm up on me. As you can see, in some lights this color comes off as a lot more red than in florescent lighting. But I think that adds to its versatility. They REALLY shine in the sun! They remind me of the Butter London Jelly polishes, which I will now have to pick up and try :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment