Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Leprachaun & Watermelon nails






Today at work I loathed the mani I had on. I'm not going to say what brand it is, but its a reputable brand and last night in my exhaustion I failed my nails and didn't give a proper manicure, leaving my nails all smudged and polish everywhere. So I cleaned them up and realized I had some of those Love and Beauty stickers in my bag in GREEN. I will definitely rock this on st. Patricks day, but I had an hour to kill at work, so I went ahead and put them on. I know that they are three dollars, but they peel so easily and move around on the nail. Later on tonight I literally peeled them off and gave myself a watermelon manicure.

Watermelon mani- I saw this on some website somewhere but cannot find it for the life of me- but you can find different watermelon demos all over the internet so don't worry. Here are my simple instructions.
1. clean your nails, then put two coats of base coat. Then take a pink color ( I used OPI's too hot pink to hold em, because well its perfect). Paint this pink color on half, or on the tips of your nails if your blessed with long ones. Let dry completely
2. Take a nail art pen in white and draw a line underneath the pink you applied. Let dry
3. Take a nail art pen in green and draw a line underneath the white line you applied. Let dry
4. Take a nail art pen in black and draw a bunch of dots on the pink part to make them look like seeds. let dry
5. Take an acrylic or strong top coat and paint 2-3 coats, letting each coat dry completely. and your done~ Enjoy

0 comments:

Post a Comment