Sunday, March 6, 2011

Konad nail design & more







Okay guys, I really want Konad nail polish & nail plates. They are up-the-wazoo expensive, but I think I may buy some polishes and plates anyway. Every time I try to use my nail polish on the design plates I own, it doesn't work because the polish wont stay on. So I realized I should try some of my 99 cent nail art pens/polishes and well, it wasn't half bad! The base coat here is 3 coats of OPI's Too hot pink to hold 'em. I used a baby blue nail design pen that I bought at a 99 cent store, but I know that tons of beauty supply stores sell these in any color, so I'm sure you can find them.

You can buy konad nail plates and knockoff ones on amazon.com. I don't have any actual konad plates because my ass is broke I haven't had the time, nor am I sure of which plates I want. The thing is, this manicure alone took me so long, and you really need a lot of materials, cotton balls, polish remover, q-tips, napkins, including whatever colors you want, your image plate(s) and the stamp and scraper. After each finger is done you must clean all your tools and do it again. Its fun- but by the end your finished, especially if you have made a mistake and need to start all over again. I had the OPI manicure on all day before and I didn't feel like changing polish, so I went ahead and put the design on top, which saved time, but with drying time and all that- your looking at one long manicure. That being sad, I love design nails, and thats why I love nail design stickers... so fast & easy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment