Saturday, March 12, 2011

Black Shatter vs. Barry M review





So my Saturday ritual has turned into making a big breakfast, then sitting around and attempting a fancy Water Marble or Konad Manicure. eventually I get tired and bored of repeatedly cleaning up and changing polish due to my extreme perfectionist demeanor. That being said, today I tried and tried to work a water marble and I did fairly well on my left thumb and index finger. Then I lost the magic. I REALLY need tips in doing this because I would do it every day if I could. I love water marbling so much. ugh. I also want to buy the proper Konad plates and polish so I can do a proper Konad design manicure. But alas I am broke.

So I decided that I would do a review comparing OPI's "black shatter" and Barry M's "Nail effects".Both have the same idea, black chunky crackle nail polish that allow for your base color to really come through. I put Barry M on my left hand and OPI's black shatter on my right. I used China glaze's electric blue called "Sexy in the City", and Finger paints electric blue glitter "Laugh my art off" as a layered base color. It looks AWESOME.

The result? well they are not the same polish by any means! Barry M's Nail effects give a chunky, almost fat square like chunks of the crackle, while OPI's black shatter gives longer squares, making your nails look longer because its like vertical stripes. The chunks in OPI aren't as fat, they are thinner and run up the nail.
Anway, enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment