Thursday, February 10, 2011

Manicure Impossible





So I wanted todays manicure to reflect how cold it is outside, and also to be one of the colors my husband recently bought me at a Rickys in a clearance basket. I decided on Matesse Mint Ice cream because it is a light blue/green creme color. I got a few compliments on it, and it really is an amazing color, but I have to say that the color didn't last long before chipping. This is important because my shit never chips. Now there are a lot of factors that could have come into play here, maybe I didn't buffer my nails enough, or maybe I should have put lotion on my nails and let them sit for a while because the cold weather will dry out nails and cuticles and cause them to break and not take polish well. A definite thing I can say about this polish is you need to be careful how you apply it because its streaky, which you can see in the photo of my thumb. I also wanted to say that I suffered a mean chip on my right pinky finger and on my right index finger as well. I honestly think the polish itself had something to do with it, tomorrows post will either confirm my claims or prove that I gave myself a neglectful manicure (eep). Here are some pics of the polish on my nails, you can't deny that the color is bomb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment