Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Butter




So I took a walk over to Steinway street where there is a Rickys (I’m so happy I moved to Astoria). The truth is I couldn’t wait to try Butter London nail polish, and boy am I happy I didn’t! Although Beauty.com is having a 20% off sale right now, and free shipping over like, fifty bucks of something, I wanted to snag at least one or two polishes for the week before my order comes. So far I have tried two of the shades, The one I’m wearing now is Queen Vic, its a lovely deep redish purple, similar to a Sephora polish I used to wear day in and out for like, four months last year. Look at the following post to check out Big Smoke- one of my favorite colors of all time. Its a metallic silvery blue and its simply the best.

I should tell you that these polishes are “3-free” polishes, which mean they don’t have formaldehyde or toluene or any other crap that can deprive you of your ability to birth children, fight off cancerous cells or your general will to live. Speaking of 3-free, i stopped by a 99 cent store and bought a couple of polishes there, mainly glitters to top my mani’s, and when I used one with blue smoke (check out the next post for pics) it stunk up my room so bad I had to open up all the windows in my house and hide my cat for fear he’d have an aneurysm or something. Still, one of them is a REALLY nice turquoise.

Anyway, please forgive my manicures, not only am I lazy about it, but I’m pretty positive that I was halfway through my champagne and halal chinese food- and well, you know how it is.

The polishes I bought were Muggins, Queen Vic, Artful dodger and Big smoke, I also bought Matese Lapis, all in all a great haul and beautiful colors, not sure which one I’m going to wear next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment