Monday, June 24, 2013

Today's mani- I love NP strawberry Creme



        As if  I havent been ranting about indie nail polishes since I started blogging again(why not ten more!-me on etsy earlier today), I am just posting you a swatch of today's manicure, I love NP's Strawberry Creme. I love it! Only, I should have used white as a base coat to make it really stand out and perhaps make my skin tan. I am going on a vacation soon to the beach, and I want to look tan.
     Those of you that know me know that I am irish and this is impossible.....however... one can dream.. or make it look like they are tan by wearing white-like creme colors on their hands and feet.  I'm thinking of getting white gel manicures of a creme gel mani/pedi for my vacation for the sole purpose of making my pasty white/red-when-tanned skin look actually tan. I feel like this is a quick fix that won't actually work though... back to this manicure..
     So this mani is two coats of strawberry creme, with a regular peeling base coat ( a base coat that prevents peeling, the name that I use is Esmalte.. its brazilian or something, super expensive except in harlem... you know I travel for that shit).
       I realized that if  I use the seche clear base coat with the Seche vite top coat, mid day the entire polish comes off of my nails. The worst part is, it always happens like, at the most inopportune time. Like, when I'm delivering a lesson to my students, or meeting with my boss, or at the bank and the bank teller asks "what the hell is that" and I dont know how to tell him that what looks like my entire nail coming off is actually just because of a shitty base coat. I do tell him that entire story, he looks puzzled  tells me i should stop buying polish because i got no money and i awkwardly leave.

        SO ANYWAY. I used two coats of the strawberry cream, and on my thumb and ring finger I put an I Love NP glitter top coat called purple stuff. I bought that one in a mini and it is SO CUTE. I will do a full haul post of all of my indies by the end of the week and everyone will die of their cuteness.  I like the glitters in this polish and it's application A LOT. I just wish it was more of a bright white, which can be fixed by applying a coat of white polish under it. So thats what I am going to try once I finish this post. It makes my skin look darker and I think its very feminine, which is good for me because it took me three tries to still not spell that word correctly.

Also- look how short my pinky is! I am ramping up my vitamins right now so it grows out a bit before turkey ugh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment