Friday, June 14, 2013

Reddit Swapping


             Okay, so I have entirely too many nail polishes in colors that I either have never used or have seldom used. My husband gets irritated because like a special toddler I take them all out and line them up, put them against the light, oooh and aaahh at them and forget to put them away. He is a collector of video games and swaps games online when he finds cheap games at goodwill, so he suggested I go through my polish and swap a few. I will tell my story in great detail about all the awesome shit I traded, but bottom line: it's awesome and fun.
   So the first thing  I had to do was look at what other girls are trading on the site. The best place that I know of to swap nail polish is on http://www.reddit.com/r/RedditLaqueristaSwap. On this site, women go through their polish that they are willing to swap, and they make a swap list. The best swap lists have a full organized list of the polish you are willing to trade, at home pictures of the bottles to prove that they are yours, and links to swatches of the polish so people know what they look like on the nail. Needless to say, in the beginning I was overwhelmed, a good swap list would take me hours to complete, especially because I wanted mine to be perfect.
   It took me a couple of weeks to actually sit down and do it, but one night I got the energy and put twenty polishes together, took all of their photos, created a reddit list, and linked them all to swatches. the first time it took me (and my husband) like two hours.  It was such hard and annoying work and I was happy to be done with it. I made sure to put a mix of rare and not so rare polishes so i would get a lot of responses- and i did! So far,  I have done like, six swaps and nearly doubled my nail polish. So even though my husband was hoping my polish collection would downsize because of this, it actually increased (woops).
 As of today, I've done about ten swaps and gotten rid of stuff I haven't used.... and got more stuff I probably won't use! I don't know what it is, but I am a sucker for this. It is excited to exchange things with other women across the country.. even if you know you probably won't wear those polishes either.. I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment