Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cheetah print nails!






I will be honest with all of you, I have been in a big ball of depression, dealing with life. Working so hard for no money, with no health insurance and no security is really hard. The other day at work I needed a pick-me-up, and I decided to go to the beauty supply store across the way and decided to buy a dotting tool. Now, even though I do my nails constantly and I watch tons of online videos about nail design, I never really cared to invest in the dotting tool. Luckily I found a set of three double sided dotting tools for five bucks, mega score. They are all different sizes for all kinds of designs- so stay tuned.
My first design I did on the train, literally (okay well not the base color). But it was pretty simple. Here is a very basic set of instructions. You will need a piece of paper, base coat, top coat, and a base color, and two "design" colors, for the inside dots and outside dots of the cheetah print.
1. clean nails, apply base coat, and two coats of color. Let dry completely. I used NK enamel in Pearl, very inexpensive, you can find it at many beauty supply stores in NYC
2. When your nails are dry, place a dot of the "inside" color of the cheetah print on a piece of paper. I chose NK enamel cotton candy(also very cheap but a girls gotta work with what she has to work with!). By putting the polish on a piece of paper to dip into with the dotting tool, you will save a lot on clean up. You can however (if you want) just dip it into the bottle onto the nail.
3. Dip the dotting tool into the bottle or onto the drop on the paper. Make random dots on your nail, it doesn't matter if they are big or small or messy. Let completely dry.
4. Take your second design polish and put drops on the paper, using the dotting tool, draw little c's around the dots you made with the first polish. Let completely dry
5. place two coats of top coat, let dry

And there ya have it. Let me know what you guys think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment